HELPFUL HINTS FOR RE-HOMING
- Never put an ad in the paper saying “Free to a Good Home.”
- Check veterinary references!! Specifically ask about HW prevention and how they treat their animals.
- Check personal references other than a family member.
- Meet and greet family members and other animals of potential adopters.
- Request a home check. If they decline, do not place your pet.
- Ask if they have a fenced yard. You wouldn’t want your pet to spend its life at the end of a chain.
- Ask “HOW WILL THE PET SPEND THE DAY?”